Shani Abeysekara tests positive for COVID-19
Posted in Local News
Former Director of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) Shani Abeysekara who was being held at the Mahara Prison has tested positive for COVID-19.
Following his positive result Shani Abeysekara was subsequently transferred to the Welikada prison hospital.
He was recently arrested over a case of fabricating evidence and the investigation currently ongoing over the matter.
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023