Rishad Bathiudeen released on bail
Parliamentarian Rishad Bathiudeen has been released on bail by the Colombo Fort Magistrate’s Court.
He was released on a Rs.100,000 cash bail and two sureties amounting to Rs.one million each.
The Magistrate also imposed a travel ban on Mr. Bathiudeen.
He was remanded in connection with alleged misappropriation of public funds at the last Presidential Election.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023