Shani Abeysekera transferred to IDH for COVID-19 treatment
Former CID Director Shani Abeysekera who was confirmed to have contracted COVID-19, was transferred to the Infectious Disease Hospital (IDH) following medical advice, the Prisons Department said.
Former CID Director tested for the virus while he was under remand custody at the Mahara Prison.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023