Shooting at Kiriwehera: Suspects’ jeep taken into custody
The vehicle used by the gunmen, who shot the chief incumbent of the Kataragama Kiriwehera Rajamaha Viharaya Venerable Kobawaka Damminda Thera and another monk, has been discovered by the Police.
The Police Spokesman said that 8 Police teams have been assigned to carry out investigations.
The Chief Incumbent of Kataragama Kiriwehera and the other monk were shot and injured at the Temple premises this morning.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023
- Dasun Shanaka to remain Captain for ICC World Cup 2023 September 20, 2023