Shots fired inside Mount Lavinia court complex
A shooting took place inside Mount Lavinia Number Two Magistrate’s Court today (August 4) afternoon.
Sri Lanka Police said two shots were fired by a man among the crowd targeting a defendant who was in the court dock for the trial but no one was injured.
According to Police, the shooting incident happened while a drug related case was taken up for trial.
The shooter fired a third time to scare the crowd and fled the scene.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023