Sigiriya to become a polythene free zone
The government has decided to declare world heritage site Sigiriya as polythene free and waste free zone from tomorrow (Feb 1).
Secretary to the Ministry of Housing, Construction and Cultural Affairs Bernard Wasantha said, accordingly, polythene and plastic will be banned in Sigiriya.
He added that goods with polythene or plastic packaging will only be permitted in the site following the removal of the packagings.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President appoints Deshabandu Tennakoon as acting IGP November 29, 2023
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023