Sigiriya to become a polythene free zone
Posted in Local News
The government has decided to declare world heritage site Sigiriya as polythene free and waste free zone from tomorrow (Feb 1).
Secretary to the Ministry of Housing, Construction and Cultural Affairs Bernard Wasantha said, accordingly, polythene and plastic will be banned in Sigiriya.
He added that goods with polythene or plastic packaging will only be permitted in the site following the removal of the packagings.
- Sri Lanka signs agreement with RM Parks Inc to ensure uninterrupted fuel supply June 8, 2023
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
First construct decent toilets to visitors to Sigiriya.
First construct decent toilets to visitors to any where in Sri Lanka and include in the Sri Lanka primary school syllabus to use toilet without making it unpleasant to following users.