Six suspects nabbed with 300kg of heroin off Southern coast
At least 300 kg of heroin and 25 kg of Methamphetamine, also known as ICE, were taken into custody by the Sri Lanka Navy during a search operation conducted off the Southern coast.
The Navy said the drugs were found in a local multi-day fishing trawler and six men were also arrested along with the contraband of drugs.
The raid was jointly conducted by the Navy, State Intelligence Service and Police Narcotics Bureau.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023