SJB will boycott Temple Trees meeting – Rajitha
Posted in Local News
None of the MPs of Jathika Samagi Balavegaya (National Unity Force) would attend the Monday meeting with Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa at Temple Trees, former Health Minister and JSB senior member Dr. Rajitha Senaratne told The Island, last night.
Senaratne said that the JSB senior members had held a video zoom conference yesterday evening and decided to boycott the meeting. “The JVP has already issued a statement to the effect of boycotting the meeting and the TNA, too, will state its position separately. None of the MPs of our alliance will attend the meeting. We will issue a statement soon,” Dr. Senaratne said.
(Source: The Island)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
yes that is the correct way Iam certain Ranil and Karu will do the same
Such a engineer , what waste of money of his dada. 😉 🙂 🙂
If this boycott were in the interest of upholding democratic protocols, I would agree.
However, it’s evident this appears to be nothing but a cunning plot by the sore-loser main UNP opposition party (now fragmented into two confused pieces) and its loyal minority/racist parties, to devise a back-door stunt to create a parliamentary havoc and ruin that mandate the people gave Prez Gota 5 months ago, especially now that he’s proven to be a strong and admired leader. This opposition + anti-SL lot also know that it’s in for another pathetic loss at (now overdue) General Elections. This is also why this same sore-loser lot is interested in postponing GE – i.e. it’s not because of any COVID-19 concerns!
Pity Sajith P has fallen in with this lot. Somehow I thought he, with a progressive and a younger lot from UNP, would show that they have something new to offer the country, but sadly it appears to be not the case with the likes of Rajitha being given a senior position in his new JSB party.