SLAF training helicopter makes hard landing in Hingurakkgoda
A Bell 206 helicopter belonging to the Sri Lanka Air Force made a hard landing at the Hingurakkgoda air base, the SLAF Spokesman said.
The incident occurred a short while ago on Wednesday (25) morning.
The pilot is safe, and there were no visible injuries, Group Captain Chandima Alwis added. The estimated damage to the helicopter has not yet been calculated.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023