SLFP parliamentarians who accepted Minister portfolios removed from party positions
The Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP) says that the members of the SLFP who have received ministerial portfolios in the current government have been removed from all positions they held at SLFP.
The party also stated that those parliamentarians in question have acted against the decision of the Central Committee of the SLFP by accepting the ministerial positions.
Accordingly, Nimal Siripala de Silva, Mahinda Amaraweera, Lasantha Alagiyawanna, Ranjith Siyambalapitiya, Jagath Pushpakumara and Chamara Sampath Dassanayake have been removed from all positions held by them in the party and have also been stripped of their SLFP central committee membership.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Countrywide power outage in Sri Lanka due to a system failure December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka to implement another electricity tariff revision in January 2024 December 9, 2023
- ‘Kush’ worth Rs. 100 Million seized in luggage left behind at Bandaranaike International Airport December 9, 2023
- Air Arabia launches direct flights to Sri Lanka from Abu Dhabi December 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy promotes 1,877 personnel on its 73rd anniversary December 9, 2023