SLFP to vote against Prime Minister – Lakshman Yapa
Posted in Local News
State Minister Lakshman Yapa Abeywardhana, in contradiction to the statement made by State Minister A.H.M. Fowzie said the Sri Lanka Freedom Party has decided to vote in favour of the No Confidence Motion against the Prime Minister.
He stated that the decision was taken during an urgent meeting held at Minister Mahinda Amaraweera’s residence, a short while ago.
Earlier, State Minister A.H. M. Fowzie said the SLFP has decided to abstain from voting after holding talks with the President at the President’s Official Residence this morning.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023