SLPP wants Opposition posts
The Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna (SLPP) should be given the positions of Opposition Leader and Chief Opposition Whip as they have 101 MPs, says MP Rohitha Abeygunawardena.
He said that the SLPP MPs are going to make a special request to Speaker Karu Jayasuriya in this connection, when the Parliament reconvenes tomorrow (18).
He said that their party is ready to be the Opposition led by Mahinda Rajapaksa.
The SLPP members are to sit in the Opposition in the Parliament tomorrow.
(Source: Ceylon Today – By Ishara de Silva)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- CEYPETCO increases fuel prices October 1, 2023
- Sinopec increases fuel prices in Sri Lanka October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023