MR claims Yahapalanaya regime borrowed $ 20.7 billion in loans
Posted in Local News
MP Mahinda Rajapaksa on Saturday claimed that the Yahapalanaya Government since assuming office in 2015 had borrowed $ 20.7 billion in foreign currency loans.
“We have no idea as to how much more they will borrow in the coming months. The UNP brought our economy to the brink of collapse through such foreign currency borrowings. All that money was borrowed for consumption. We borrowed money to develop the country and that development is visible. But the UNP borrowed money only for consumption,” claimed Rajapaksa in his address on Saturday after ending his run as the Prime Minister appointed by President Maithripala Sirisena which lasted less than 50 days.
(Source: Daily FT)
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka to process online applications for passports from June 15 June 7, 2023
- Sooriyawewa Pradeshiya Sabha secretary arrested for soliciting Rs.50,000 bribe June 7, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya and Bruno Divakara further remanded June 7, 2023
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
Where is the proof?
By the way, why are you sweating in the photo?
Will Gamrala sack you and your followers from SLFP because you and your followers joined Pohottu?
now now now be careful we dont want to get a nervous breakdown or even worse a heart valve problem, you seem to be tensed so much that you sweating as if you just had a shower. go home retire relax and collect some good deeds for the hereafter life