SLTB bus conductors, drivers barred from using mobile phone on duty
Posted in Local News
SLTB bus drivers and conductors will be barred from using their mobile phones while on duty from today (November 7) the Transport Minsiter, Kumara Welgama stated.
The Minister stated that the decision came as a result of several complaints that bus operators were using their phones while on duty.
He made these statements after inspecting the location in Poonagala, Bandarawela at which a SLTB bus had fallen off a precipice which resulted in the death of 10 persons.
(Courtesy: Ada Derana)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023