Soldier Involved in Alleged Molestation Act To Be Expelled If Proven Guilty
Sri Lanka Corps of Military Police (SLCMP) at Army Headquarters have been directed to immediately commence investigations into the conduct of a soldier in Mangalaeliya area in Puttalum over his involvement in an alleged sexual misconduct with a girl in the area.
On being informed, the Commander of the Army has directed the Provost Marshal of the SLCMP to cooperate with the area Police and initiate parallel investigations into the case with immediate effect. In addition, his Regimental Headquarters has been instructed to initiate a Court of Inquiry after interdicting him from service with immediate effect.
He also has instructed the soldier in custody be expelled accordingly from the Army, if proven guilty of the charges in accordance with the ‘zero tolerance policy’ of the Army on wrong-doers.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023