Speaker conveys order issued by President on maintaining public order
Speaker of Parliament Mahinda Yapa Abeywardena today (November 08) conveyed an order issued by President Ranil Wickremesinghe, calling out all members of the armed forces for the maintenance of public order in the country.
The Speaker conveyed this order to the House following the commencement of the parliamentary session at 9:30 AM this morning.
President Ranil Wickremesinghe issued the relevant order to all members of Sri Lanka Army, Sri Lanka Navy and Sri Lanka Air Force by virtue of the powers vested in him by Section 12 of the Public Security Ordinance (Chapter 40).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023