Speaker suggests dissolving Parliament
Posted in Local News
Speaker Chamal Rajapaksa today said he too is in favour of dissolving Parliament.
The observation was made as an argument broke out at the House involving former Minister Dinesh Gunawardena with Minister Lakshman Kiriella and Prime Minister Ranil Wickramasinghe concerning the citizenship of the Central Bank Governor.
Majority of Parliamentarians from both government and opposition rose to which Speaker responded saying “it is not clear as to why these members are standing. But if it is about dissolving Parliament I too suggest it will be a good to do so.”
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023
You bad bad bad boy! Trying to support your brother nothing else. You should not say something like that until Ranil some how manage to remove Mahinda from contesting the election.