Special meeting held between JVP and Ven. Maduluwawe Sobhitha Thero
The Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna had a special meeting with Ven. Maduluwawe Sobhitha Thero on Sunday.
A communique issued by the JVP stated that proposals put forward by the People’s Movement for Social Justice on enforcing the 17th amendment to the constitution and abolishing the Executive Presidency, were discussed at this meeting
The communique also stated that the JVP will be focussing on the upcoming presidential elections based on these suggestions. The JVP and the People’s Movement for Social Justice will be continuing discussions on the proposals, taking into consideration the current political changes in the country.
The leader of the JVP, Anura Kumara Dissanayake, politburo member MP Sunil Handunnetti, President’s Counsel Jayampathi Wickramaratne, Attorney-at- law Nimal Punchihewa and Attorney-at-law J.C. Weliamuna were present at this meeting.
(Courtesy: News First)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023