SPORT A MAFIA IN THE HANDS OF DRUG DEALERS, CASINO OPERATORS, SAYS ARJUNA
Sport is a mafia in the hands of drug dealers and casino operators, says parliamentarian Arjuna Ranatunga.
Addressing a function at Kalutara yesterday, the parliamentarian of the Democratic National Alliance (DNA) said that said that except for cricket, there has been a downfall in all other sports in the island.
“Except for cricket, there has been a downfall in all other sports. The reason is the increase in robbery and corruption from top to bottom.
“Sports has fallen into the hands of drug dealers and casino operators. The government should take into consideration the fate of our young generation under such a backdrop.
“All the persons who robbed were allowed to continue in service, but I was sent home. It’s that type of government that’s in power today.
“Development of a country is not mere constructing roads and buildings. First, the people should be developed and the youth should be protected,” said Arjuna.
Courtesy: News First
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Moon landing today: US clinches first touchdown in 50 years February 23, 2024
- Johnston Fernando requests immediate probe into Sanath Nishantha’s death February 22, 2024
- CEB Spokesman Noel Priyantha resigns over controversial remarks February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka settles US$ 20 million Iranian oil debt with tea February 22, 2024
- Sri Lanka’s Public Security Minister affirms continuation of operations despite pressure February 21, 2024