Sri Lanka Air Force training craft crash lands in Kantale
The Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) training craft PT-6 which took off from China Bay in Trincomalee has crash landed on a road near Janaranjana Wewa, Kantale.
Air Force Media Spokesman Group Captain Dushan Wijesinghe said ground control lost contact with a SLAF PT-6 aircraft this afternoon shortly after take-off.
Only an Air Force pilot was on board the two-seater aircraft.
PT-6 aircraft is a single-engine, tandem seat propeller trainer capable of performing primary flight training.
Air Force Media Spokesman further said that investigations are being conducted.
UPDATE: The body of the Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) trainee pilot who flew the PT-6 trainee craft which crashed in Kantale, has been brought to the Trincomalee Hospital.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023