Sri Lanka Air Force training craft crash lands in Kantale
The Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) training craft PT-6 which took off from China Bay in Trincomalee has crash landed on a road near Janaranjana Wewa, Kantale.
Air Force Media Spokesman Group Captain Dushan Wijesinghe said ground control lost contact with a SLAF PT-6 aircraft this afternoon shortly after take-off.
Only an Air Force pilot was on board the two-seater aircraft.
PT-6 aircraft is a single-engine, tandem seat propeller trainer capable of performing primary flight training.
Air Force Media Spokesman further said that investigations are being conducted.
UPDATE: The body of the Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) trainee pilot who flew the PT-6 trainee craft which crashed in Kantale, has been brought to the Trincomalee Hospital.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023