Standing when travelling in public transport banned
Standing while travelling in public transport services has been declared a prohibited activity under quarantine regulations.
Police Media Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said legal action will be taken against those who violate the regulations.
DIG Ajith Rohana reiterated, passengers should only be allowed based on seat capacity in public transport.
He further stated that the measure was taken according to the 97th regulation in the Gazette Notification regarding quarantine regulations, issued by the Minister of Health on the 15th of October.
Meanwhile, a total of 34 bus route permits have been suspended for transporting passengers more than the seating capacity, Transport State Minister Dilum Amunugma said today (15).
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023