Sri Lanka and India Sign Four Bilateral Agreements
Sri Lanka and India signed four memorandums of understanding at the Presidential Secretariat today. The signing ceremony coincided with the two-day state visit of Indian Prime Minister Mr Narendra Modi to Sri Lanka.
The (MoU) memorandums of understanding signed today are:
1. Agreement between Sri Lanka and India on Exemption from Visa Requirement for holders of diplomatic and official passport holders.
2. Agreement between the Government of the Republic of India and the Government of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka on Co-operation and Mutual Assistance in Customs Matters.
3. Memorandum of Understanding on Cooperation in the Field of Youth Development between the Ministry of Youth Affairs of Sri Lanka and the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports of India.
4. Memorandum of Understanding between Sri Lanka and India for the Establishment of Rabindranath Tagore Memorial Auditorium in the University of Ruhuna.
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023