Sri Lanka beat India by six wickets to win World Twenty
Posted in Sports News
Sri Lanka becomes the World T-20 Champions beating India by 6 wickets scores 130/4 Sri Lanka 134/4. Sangakkara 52 not out.
Left-hander Kumar Sangakkara remained unbeaten on 52 off 35 balls to take Sri Lanka home after their bowlers restricted the 2007 champions to 130 for four wickets.
Sri Lanka reached their target with 13 balls to spare.
- Police secures court order to block NPP protest planned for today June 8, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka to face rape trial in Australia June 8, 2023
- Digital Promotion Agency to be established for introducing new App to collect data of public sector – President June 8, 2023
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
That was an excellent performance. The cohesive team effort under the stewardship of the legend, Lasith Malinga, took us to this historic win.
Malinga should be encouraged to play the 50 over games and perhaps be given the captaincy in the lead up to next year’s world cup.