Sri Lanka concede 87-run first innings lead to India
Sri Lanka, replying to India’s first innings total of 393, were all out for 306 after tea on the third day of the second Test in Colombo on Saturday.
Skipper Angelo Mathews hit 102, his sixth Test century, but the hosts conceded a lead of 87 runs at the P. Sara Oval.
Leg-spinner Amit Mishra finished with four wickets, while seamer Ishant Sharma and off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin claimed two each.
Sri Lanka lead the three-match series, having won the first Test in Galle by 63 runs.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023