Sri Lanka condemns terror attack in Barcelona
Sri Lanka’s Foreign Ministry on Friday strongly condemned a terrorist attack in Barcelona which killed at least 13 people and injured over 100 others.
Foreign Ministry spokesperson Mahishini Colonne said in an official Twitter message, “The Government of Sri Lanka condemns the terrorist attack in Barcelona, Spain, and extends condolences to those affected.”
The attack occurred on Thursday when a van ploughed into crowds in the Las Ramblas area of Barcelona.
Spain’s Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy has announced three days of national mourning and a minute’s silence which will be held later on Friday.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Creditor nations likely to agree on Sri Lanka debt restructuring – report November 29, 2023
- Netherlands returns six looted colonial-era artefacts to Sri Lanka November 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs $100 billion to become net zero emitter by 2040, president says November 29, 2023
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023