Sri Lanka declare at 570/4
Sri Lanka declared their first innings on 570 for the loss of 4 wickets on the second day of the opening Test against Bangladesh in Galle on Saturday.
Kumara Sangakkara scored a brilliant 142 runs while both Dinesh Chandimal and Lahiru Thirimanne hit their maiden Test tons.
Bangladesh seamer Hasan, playing his second match, got a maiden Test wicket when he held a return catch to remove Sri Lanka captain Angelo Mathews early in the morning.
Mathews, who could add just two runs to his overnight score of 25, put on 62 for the fourth wicket with Thirimanne.
Kumar Sangakkara put Sri Lanka in a strong position on Friday when he cracked an impressive 142 for his 31st Test century. Openers Tillakaratne Dilshan (54) and Dimuth Karunaratne (41) were the other main scorers.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka bondholders raise concerns over debt deal transparency December 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023