Sri Lanka declare at 570/4
Sri Lanka declared their first innings on 570 for the loss of 4 wickets on the second day of the opening Test against Bangladesh in Galle on Saturday.
Kumara Sangakkara scored a brilliant 142 runs while both Dinesh Chandimal and Lahiru Thirimanne hit their maiden Test tons.
Bangladesh seamer Hasan, playing his second match, got a maiden Test wicket when he held a return catch to remove Sri Lanka captain Angelo Mathews early in the morning.
Mathews, who could add just two runs to his overnight score of 25, put on 62 for the fourth wicket with Thirimanne.
Kumar Sangakkara put Sri Lanka in a strong position on Friday when he cracked an impressive 142 for his 31st Test century. Openers Tillakaratne Dilshan (54) and Dimuth Karunaratne (41) were the other main scorers.
Courtesy: Ada Derana
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka unexpectedly cuts rates by 250 bps as inflation eases June 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s key inflation rate eases to 25.2% in May June 1, 2023
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023