Sri Lanka declares health, petroleum, and electricity services as essential
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka has decided to declare supply of electricity and all related services, the supply or distribution of petroleum products and fuel, and health services as essential services once again.
An extraordinary gazette was issued on Wednesday (May 17) as per the powers vested in the President under Section 2 of the Essential Public Services Act No. 61 of 1979.
Previously, multiple announcements, dated August 03, 2022, September 03, 2022, October 04, 2022, January 03, 2023 and February 17, 2023, had been issued by Sri Lankan President Ranil Wickremesinghe, declaring that these services as essential.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023