Sri Lanka extends travel ban to 11 countries
Sri Lanka has extended the travel ban to a total of 11 countries, adding eight more countries to the list.
Accordingly, the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) has announced that all travel beginning from France, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Denmark, Netherlands, Sweden and Austria will be banned for two weeks with effect from March 15.
The Authority earlier imposed a temporary travel ban on South Korea, Italy and Iran with efecet from tomorrow (14).
Accordingly, all airlines are strongly instructed not to board during the aforementioned period in any of their flights destined to Sri Lanka, any passenger who is either originating from the aforementioned States or who has been in any of those countries within the last 14 days.
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023