Sri Lanka Government going to further relax import restrictions
Posted in Local News
The Government of Sri Lanka will consider further easing existing import restrictions, State Minister for Finance Ranjith Siyambalapitiya said.
The Minister of State said that restrictions on 795 items have been removed so far.
He also stated that substitute goods can be manufactured and produced in Sri Lanka in place of the restricted goods.
Import of 670 goods continues to be restricted, adding that these goods can be manufactured in Sri Lanka, Minister Siyambalapitiya said.
He urged the public and businessmen to think afresh and identify important items for the country.
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka-born woman in UK becomes youngest ever non-white Crown Court judge June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023