Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines
The Sri Lanka Government has decided to suspend emergency purchases of medicines with immediate effect.
Health Minister Keheliya Rambukwella said this during a press conference held at the Ministry of Health in Colombo.
“There have been hiccups linked to emergency purchases which resulted in misconceptions about the procedure,” he underscored.
However, he said that although the emergency of purchases have been suspended, the process will be re-implemented in the event of any emergencies such as another pandemic.
Meanwhile, the Minister stated that about 170 to 200 drugs are currently in short supply.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka issues its first digitized national birth certificate December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023