Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on 300 more items
Sri Lanka Government has decided to remove the import restrictions on 300 more essential goods next week, State Minister of Finance Ranjith Siyambalapitiya said today (July 12).
The announcement comes a month after the government relaxed import restrictions on 300 other items including electronic equipment, sanitaryware and food items with effect from June 09, 2023.
However, import restrictions on vehicles are unlikely to be lifted anytime soon. Speaking on the matter last month, the state minister had said vehicle imports could not be allowed yet under the existing economic conditions.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023
- Batticaloa Campus returned to Hizbullah September 20, 2023