Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items
Sri Lanka Government to relax existing import restrictions on about 300 to 400 items from next week.
Speaking to media in Ruwanwella, State Minister of Finance Ranjith Siyambalapitiya said with the strengthening of the Rupee and a significant improvement in foreign exchange inflows, they are in a position to relax certain restrictions imposed last year at the height of the financial crisis.
Minister Siyambalapitiya highlighted that the import restrictions were initially put in place due to the shortage of foreign exchange in April of 2022.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023