Sri Lanka Health Minister infected with COVID-19
Health Minister of Sri Lanka Pavithra Wanniarachchi has been diagnosed as a COVID-19 infectee.
Health Minister Wanniarachchi is currently receiving treatment at an intermediate hotel quarantine centre in Hikkaduwa, the minister’s media secretary said.
Minister Wanniarachchi was tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday (January 22) in a rapid antigen test.
So far, five parliamentarians, including four ministers, have been infected with COVID-19.
Minister Vasudeva Nanayakkara, Minister Dayasiri Jayasekara, Minister Piyal Nishantha, Leader of the Sri Lanka Muslim Congress Rauff Hakeem and Minister Pavithra Wanniarachchi are among them.
They all officially declared themselves as infectees of COVID-19.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023
- Suminda Sirisena passes away December 4, 2023