Sri Lanka Navy bust 250 kg of heroin in international waters
The Sri Lanka Navy has seized a foreign fishing vessel carrying nearly 250 kilograms of heroin along with six foreign nationals, during a special operation conducted in the sea area off the southern coast of the island.
The Navy and the Police Narcotics Bureau (PNB) had launched a joint operation to intercept the fishing based on intelligence information.
Accordingly, the naval personnel and PNB officers managed to seize the heroin consignment in high seas about 900 nautical miles off the southern coast.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023