Sri Lanka Navy captures foreign fishing vessel with large volume of heroin
Sri Lanka Navy seized a foreign fishing vessel carrying a large haul of heroin in the international seas off the southern coast of Sri Lanka along with seven crew members.
A special operation was initiated by the naval intelligence unit and the other naval personnel based on intelligence information received by Sri Lanka Police in this regard.
The apprehended foreign nationals, the vessel and the contraband are being brought ashore, to the Colombo Port, the navy spokesman stated further.
The fishing vessel and the crew members are to be handed over to the Police Narcotics Bureau for further investigations.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023