Sri Lanka Police use water cannons to disperse student protestors in Colombo
Posted in Local News
Sri Lanka Police used water cannons to disperse a group of students from the Inter University Students’ Federation (IUSF) who were marching towards the University Grants Commission (UGC) a short while ago.
The IUSF held the protest at the Lipton’s Circus in Colombo against the on-going repressions in universities.
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
The Pest (Vasantha M) is in action again.
When did this guy attend a class at the University last?
He’s been a student for > 10 years !