Sri Lanka Ports Authority operations gazetted as an essential service
An extraordinary gazette was issued yesterday (30) declaring the operations of the Sri Lanka Ports Authority (SLPA) as essential services.
Pursuant to Section 2 of the Essential Public Services Act No. 61 of 1979, Secretary to the President P. B. Jayasundera has issued the relevant gazette notification as per the instructions of President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
He states that all services, work or labour of any description necessary or required to be done by or in connection with the Sri Lanka Ports Authority would be declared as essential services.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023