Sri Lanka president asks officials to remove obstacles to India-backed projects
Sri Lanka’s president on Friday asked officials to resolve obstacles to projects backed by India, a government statement said, without specifying what the obstacles were.
President Ranil Wickremesinghe chaired a discussion on the progress of several development projects under Indian investment, and told officials “to take steps to resolve the obstacles that have arisen in the progress of several projects in Sri Lanka under Indian investments”.
India has offered support of billions of dollars this year to its southern neighbour, which is facing its worst economic crisis in more than a decade.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Customs seizes Drugs worth over Rs. 60 Million December 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- Three Sri Lankans, including Ranish Hewage serving in the Ukraine Army killed in Russian attack December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023