Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe visits Defence Ministry
Sri Lanka’s President Ranil Wickremesinghe as the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces arrived at the Defence Ministry situated at the Defence Headquarters Complex in Sri Jayawardenepura, Kotte this morning (July 21).
President Ranil Wickremesinghe made this visit after being sworn in as the 8th Executive President of Sri Lanka this morning (July 21) at the Parliament of Sri Lanka.
General Kamal Gunaratne, the Secretary to the Ministry of Defence received the President upon his arrival at the Ministry.
During his maiden visit to a state establishment after swearing in as the President of Sri Lanka, President Wickremesinghe met with the country’s defence top brass for a brief discussion.
Minister Tiran Alles, Attorney General, President’s Secretary, Chief of Defence Staff, Tri Forces Commanders, Inspector General of Police, Chief of National Intelligence, Director of the State Intelligence Service and Senior Ministry Officials were also present at the occasion.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023