Sri Lanka Prime Minister summons emergency party leaders meeting after protesters stormed the President’s House
Sri Lanka Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe today (July 09) summoned an emergency meeting of political party leaders after protesters stormed the President’s House in Colombo amid growing anger over the government’s handling of an economic crisis.
Ranil Wickremesinghe also requested the speaker to summon parliament, a statement from the Prime Minister’s office said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023