Sri Lanka reconciliation steps ‘impressive’ – Kerry
The United States today hailed the reconciliation efforts of the Sri Lankan government in the past year as “very impressive”.
“I want to congratulate the Government of Sri Lanka for their very impressive continuing steps towards reconciliation,” Secretary of State John Kerry said in a joint media meet with Sri Lankan Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera.
“Their efforts to try to address the regional issues, and most importantly, to make peace in their own country are very, very significant. And we really welcome you here,” Kerry said.
Samaraweera, who is in Washington to attend the US-Lanka strategic dialogue, said the relationship between the two countries has elevated recently.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023