Sri Lanka requests USD 1 billion loan and USD 1.5 billion credit line from China
The Sri Lanka Government has requested financial assistance of USD 1 Billion loan and 1.5 Billion Credit Line from China.
This was confirmed by the Chinese Ambassador to Sri Lanka today (March 21).
Meanwhile, according to the Chinese Ambassador in Colombo Chinese companies have invested USD 1.05 Billion thus far within the Colombo Port City.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Permission not given to Chinese ship to dock, India’s concerns important: Sabry September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka squad named for ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 September 26, 2023
- S&P raises Sri Lanka local currency ratings to ‘CCC+/C’, says outlook stable September 26, 2023
- Sri Lanka President expresses dissatisfaction with country’s current education system September 26, 2023
- Chinese model breaks U.S. hegemony: former Sri Lankan diplomat September 26, 2023