Sri Lanka rupee hits fresh low of 164.80 per dollar – market sources
Posted in Local News
The Sri Lankan rupee fell 0.7 percent and touched a fresh low of 164.80 per dollar on Monday, due to higher dollar demand from importers amid reluctant greenback sales by the exporters, market sources said.
The local currency hit a fresh low for the fourth straight session. It closed at 163.60/70 per dollar on Friday.
The rupee is down 1.5 percent this month and 6.8 percent so far this year.
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
Sri Lanka will be ruined.
Please minimize the import thins specially food items which we can cultivate in sri lanka and unnecessary luxury items…
Innocent peoples suffering without foods