Sri Lanka rupee hits fresh low of 164.80 per dollar – market sources
The Sri Lankan rupee fell 0.7 percent and touched a fresh low of 164.80 per dollar on Monday, due to higher dollar demand from importers amid reluctant greenback sales by the exporters, market sources said.
The local currency hit a fresh low for the fourth straight session. It closed at 163.60/70 per dollar on Friday.
The rupee is down 1.5 percent this month and 6.8 percent so far this year.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- 40 Government hospitals in Sri Lanka closed and another 100 about to close November 28, 2023
- October sees 20% decline in apparel exports from Sri Lanka November 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka approves Sinopec’s $4.5 billion refinery proposal November 28, 2023
- Tamil Nadu government failed to understand the problem in Sri Lanka: Murali November 27, 2023
- Harin appointed Sports Minister, Pavithra appointed Irrigation Minister November 27, 2023