Sri Lanka seeks Indian govt. assistance for security
Submitted by Walter Jayawardhana
Sri Lanka reacted sharply to the February 7 attack on the premises of the Bank of Ceylon in Chennai. On Friday, it sought Central security for its establishments in Tamil Nadu.
“The Ministry of External Affairs requested the Sri Lanka High Commission in New Delhi to seek the assistance of the Government of India in providing security to other Sri Lankan establishments such as Maha Bodhi Society, Sri Lankan Airlines and to all other Sri Lankans living in India in the wake of the attack,” Sri Lankan Ministry of External Affairs said, in a statement released on Friday.
The release noted that the Sri Lankan Deputy High Commission in Chennai has taken steps to contact the police authorities and security is maintained at the Bank of Ceylon premises. (Courtesy: The Hindu)
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka President instructs to install high-tech scanners at BIA VIP terminal May 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka to commence Cannabis cultivation project May 26, 2023
- Dr. Shafi Shihabdeen reassigned to Kurunegala Hospital May 26, 2023