Sri Lanka to introduce pension scheme for self-employed people
Steps are being taken to introduce a pension scheme for those who are self-employed in Sri Lanka, State Minister of Social Empowerment Anupa Pasqual said.
According to the State Minister, a proposal regarding this was submitted to the Ministry of Finance.
He further said that a proposal has been submitted to the Ministry of Finance to amend the Sri Lanka Social Security Board Act.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka to receive about $600 million ADB funding post-IMF approval – official December 6, 2023