Sri Lanka to lift temporary restriction on inbound travellers
Sri Lanka Government has decided to lift the temporary restriction imposed on inbound travellers with effect from the 01st of June.
The Chairman of the Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka Upul Dharmadasa said the restriction on the passengers who have been to India within the last 14 days will continue until further notice.
The passenger flights ban has been in place since the 21st of May.
The ban was imposed after taking into consideration the COVID-19 situation, both locally and globally.
No restrictions were imposed on cargo flights either. Flights were also allowed for emergency landings, humanitarian operations, aircraft without passengers, technical landings as well as a return ticket with a proposed return flight within 12 hours.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023