Sri Lanka to receive another grant of 300 Million Yuan from China
The Chinese Government has decided to award a grant of Chinese Yuan (CNY) 300 Million to Sri Lanka to procure medicine, food, fuel and other essentials.
The grant comes after a telephone conversation held between Sri Lankan Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa and Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on the 22nd of April.
During the earlier phone conversation, Premier Li told PM Rajapaksa, “China feels for Sri Lanka for the difficulties and challenges you face, and we want to do our utmost to provide help to improve the people’s livelihoods in your country.”
Upon learning of this decision, PM Rajapaksa has reiterated Sri Lanka’s gratitude to Premier Li and the Chinese Government for their continued support to Sri Lanka.
With this grant, China has extended a total aid package of 500 Million Yuan which is approximately USD 76 Million, said the statement.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023