Sri Lanka to reduce Bus fares from midnight today (August 04)
The normal bus fare has been reduced by 11.14 percent with effect from midnight today (August 04), National Transport Commission (NTC) Director General Dr. Nilan Miranda said.
Addressing a special media briefing this afternoon, Dr. Miranda said that the minimum bus fare has been reduced from Rs.38 to Rs.34.
He said the revised fares should be displayed on buses.
The passengers can lodge complaints about bus conductors charging higher fares or not issuing tickets by contacting the NTC’s 24-hour hotline 1955, Dr. Miranda added.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023