Sri Lankan-born Australian dies of COVID-19
The first Sri Lankan to die from COVID-19 infection in Australia was reported today.
Sumith Premachandra a permanent resident of Australia passed away in Melbourne due to coronavirus infection.
Reportedly, the patient had been 52 years old at the time of passing.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023