Sri Lankan migrant workers’ foreign remittances increase in April 2023 compared to 2022
Sri Lankan migrant workers’ foreign remittances increased to US$ 454.0 million in April 2023 from US$ 248.9 million in April 2022, according to Minister of Labour and Foreign Employment Manusha Nanayakkara.
This is an increase of US$ 205.1 million (82.4%) compared to the inflows recorded in April 2022, the minister said further.
Total remittance for this year is US$ 1,867.2 million.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023