Sri Lankan migrant workers’ foreign remittances increase in April 2023 compared to 2022
Posted in Local News
Sri Lankan migrant workers’ foreign remittances increased to US$ 454.0 million in April 2023 from US$ 248.9 million in April 2022, according to Minister of Labour and Foreign Employment Manusha Nanayakkara.
This is an increase of US$ 205.1 million (82.4%) compared to the inflows recorded in April 2022, the minister said further.
Total remittance for this year is US$ 1,867.2 million.
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023